I have a love/hate relationship with Saturdays. Actually, I love Saturdays but am programmed to think that I should hate it because I still wake up sans-alarm at 5:30am.
My daily pre-workout routine:
- Wake up, weigh myself. I either cheer or wallow for a short minute and then quickly get over it (I used to let this affect my entire day, but I realized that it’s a silly way to live life. This could be an entry for itself, but I’m moving on.).
- Drink two glasses of water. It always has to be two. I’m convinced that my skin looks better if I drink water right away in the morning.
- Make my breakfast smoothie
- Drink my breakfast smoothie while reading the newspaper or any magazine that has come in recently.
I’ve recently developed an excitement around my morning smoothies. I always have a scoop of Jay Robb protein powder (the only kind I’ll have because it’s sweetened with stevia), skim milk, greek yogurt, espresso or coffee and whatever fruit I have frozen or available. When I’m feeling extra special, I’ll usually throw in a little almond butter. It makes it THAT much better.
Chocolate Banana Blueberry Coffee smoothie
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 scoop Jay Robb chocolate whey protein
- 1 frozen banana
- a handful of frozen blueberries
- 2 shots of espresso (made with my Nespresso)
I like smoothies because I don’t feel like I need to sit and wait for it to digest before I go work out. I just drink it and go. I never cramp or feel uncomfortable either. I think I have a winner!
Today’s jog started at 6:40am. That’s a little later that I would have liked but hey, it’s Saturday! I ran my usual 5.26 mile path and I wanted to improve my time, but it still took me an hour. I don’t and will never claim to be a runner so it still makes me happy.
Now I’m trying to decide if I want to go to the Fresh 52 Farmer’s Market at Tivoli Village before I have to work, but I really don’t think I have anything to get today. I have tickets to the Panic at the Disco concert tonight and am really looking forward to it. Hooray for Saturday!